Travelling for business or pleasure can take a toll on the body, especially those long flights to exotic destinations. It is essential to take extra care of your body inside and out to ensure you look and feel your best while gallivanting around the globe.
Here are some smart and simple in-flight skincare tips to help you look your best. (The new FAA regulations allows grooming products less than 3 oz each unit and must be packed in a see-thru bag).
- Pack a mist atomizer! Using bottled water is good, but infusions with essential oils are even better. Lavender and Neroli are two amazing oils to infuse in the hydrating mist. It's not only hydrating but for the nervous traveller, the oils will also help to calm and relax the senses. For those of you shy about pampering in public, then head to the restroom and spritz yourself in private!
- Moisturize, moisturize, moisturize! I cannot reiterate the importance enough. Make sure you fly with your favorite face balm, body lotion and lip balm. You will need them. There is nothing more uncomfortable than dry itchy skin and chapped lips on a long flight.
- Drink plenty of bottled water with a twist of lemon or lime to add a zest to the water. If water is not satisfying, then try mineral water or club soda instead for a little extra "zest!." Avoid drinking diuretics such as coffee, alcohol, or sodas. These beverages will dehydrate you and leave you with less energy and dry ashy skin.
- Get up and move around the plan. A bit of exercise will help keep the blood circulating and get oxygen to the skin. Remember to also stretch your arms and legs and wiggle your fingers and toes as a preventative measure against blood clots.
- Before landing, go to the restroom and splash some cold water on your face. This will help wake you up, get the blood circulating and liven up your face.
- Once off the plane and you have reclaimed your baggage, reapply Face Balm and lip balm and you are ready to see greet your fans at the arrival gate!